Ms. Sara Tulchinsky and Ms. Maya Sarikonda have been selected to represent Ohio at the 2022 National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp)
Ms. Sara Tulchinsky is a recent graduate of Dublin Coffman HS (Dublin) where she was an officer in both the National Honor Society and Key Club, and member of the Orchestra and Tennis Team. Ms. Tulchisnky successfully completed development in the Vanderbilt Program for Talented Youth Mentor Immersion in Astrophysics and the University of Pennsylvania Experimental Physics Research Academy.
Ms. Maya Sarikonda is a 2022 graduate of Sylvania Northview HS (Sylvania). A Melvin Scholar, and finalist for the International Science & Engineering Fair, Ms. Sarikonda was also the Science Olympiad Team Captain, and state competitor in Speech and Debate. Ms. Sarikonda is also an award-winning photographer.
The Ohio Academy of Science is proud to support the
National Youth Science Camp!
In its 59th year, the NYSCamp has traditionally been a residential science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) program in the eastern mountains of West Virginia designed to honor and challenge some of the nation’s rising STEM leaders and provide them with opportunities to engage with STEM professionals and participate in exciting outdoor activities. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, the 2021 NYSCamp will be an entirely virtual experience. The 2021 NYSCamp will be held virtually for two accomplished high school graduates from each state in the USA, plus Washington DC and select countries . More information can be found at www.nyscamp.org
- Daily lectures and seminars with leading scientists
- Directed studies alongside visiting and resident STEM professionals
- Engaging activities in the natural, physical, computer sciences, creative
arts, and outdoor recreation areas
- Opportunities for delegates to engage with STEM professionals, staff,
and each other in fun and meaningful ways
- Special events and surprise guests throughout NYSCamp
- Delegates attend free of charge
- Graduates from high school between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2024.
- Documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in STEAM.
- Recognition for notable achievements in STEAM program areas.
- Skills and achievements outside of STEAM and academia.
- Must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore new topics.
- Must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a STEAM-related field.
- Must be willing and able to participate daily for the entire duration of the NYSCamp program.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with at least one booster before attending the in person portion of camp. Official documentation of vaccination status will be required to be submitted if selected to attend the NYSCamp.