The Ohio Academy of Science is a membership based, volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization.
The Academy is the leading organization in Ohio to foster curiosity, discovery, and innovation and to unite all who value education, science, engineering, technology, or their applications for the benefit of society. The Academy conducts an annual meeting and science days, and publishes an international, multidisciplinary, scientific journal.
To foster curiosity, discovery, innovation, and problem-solving skills in Ohio
The Ohio Academy of Science is the leading organization in Ohio advancing the understanding and practice of science, engineering, and technology.
- Encourage and assure the discovery, understanding, dissemination and practice of education, science, mathematics, engineering, technology and their applications.
- Facilitate continuing professional development and training.
- Promote interdisciplinary interaction and collaboration.
- Provide advice to local, state and federal governments.
- Promote innovation and adoption of new technologies.
- Monitor, report on, and advocate funding opportunities for research and development, and education.
- Widen public understanding and appreciation of science to help create an informed citizenry.
- Publish and otherwise disseminate peer reviewed, original contributions to education, science, engineering, technology, and their applications, and distribute other information.
- Award individual, team, and employer performance.
The Ohio Academy of Science does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of any services or events.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members, staff, students, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
POLICIES OF THE ACADEMY
Policies of The Academy regarding the definition of Science, Ohio Curriculum, and Research Experience for teachers:
- What are Science, technology and engineering?
- What is Science? (long version)
- What is STEM education?
- STEM Education 2015 White Paper
- The Ohio Core Curriculum: What’s Required for Science?
- Research Experience for Pre-service science teachers
Advocacy for Teaching Cosmic, Geological and Biological Evolution and Opposition to Forced Teaching of Creationist Beliefs in Public School Science Education: