Believe in Ohio STEM Innovation and Entrepreneurship Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship program is to recognize students throughout Ohio for their contributions to STEM Innovation and Entrepreneurship. To ensure that students from all parts of Ohio receive recognition, we would like to award at least one $2,000 scholarship in each of Ohio’s ninety-nine State House of Representative districts, and thirty-three Ohio State Senate districts.
How To Apply
- Applicants must be a junior or senior in good standing at any Ohio high school (Class of 2023 or 2024).
- The applicant should have distinguished themselves in a significant, rigorous STEM or entrepreneurship competition, research project, or published manuscript that demonstrates the applicant’s potential to become a future innovator. (See additional explanation on the page that follows, as well as some examples of the types of student experiences that might distinguish the applicant.)
- Applicant must develop and/or source the following documents and compile them into a single PDF document in the numerical order noted below, which the applicant must attach to their online application. The online application and template can be found at: https://form.jotform.com/OhioScience/STEM-scholarship
- A copy of your current transcript that shows a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better.
- An essay written by the applicant that answers the following questions:
- Why do you think you deserve this scholarship, and how will it help you prepare for your future?
- Discuss, in detail, the significant, rigorous STEM or entrepreneurship competition, research project, or published manuscript that you completed. How did this experience demonstrate your potential to excel as a future innovator?
- Complete the online application form which will ask the applicant for all their contact information. It will also ask the student to provide the Ohio House and Ohio Senate legislative district numbers in which they live. (How to find this information is explained on the page that follows.) The online application and template can be found at: https://form.jotform.com/OhioScience/STEM-scholarship
Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from a (non-family member) teacher, counselor, STEM, or business professional or community leader that discuss the qualities that recommend the applicant for this scholarship. The recommendation letter, referencing the applicant’s name & high school should be emailed to: email@example.com
ALL OF THE STUDENT’S APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY