The Ohio Academy of Science and students throughout Ohio need your help!
Annually volunteers contribute thousands of hours of service to The Ohio Academy of Science. As we restructure our governance and administration to achieve our expanded mission — to foster curiosity, discovery, and innovation for the benefit of society — we’ll need an increasing number of volunteers for many new tasks. Whatever your field of interest or personal needs, you’ll be able to find your niche as a volunteer in The Ohio Academy of Science.
Contact us today to discuss volunteer possibilities within the Academy that include:
- Membership solicitation Serving in leadership positions including membership on the Board of Trustees
- Serving on committees
- Marketing & Communications
- Program Planning and Coordination
- Proposal Development
- Representing the Academy at local, regional, state and national meetings.
- Monitoring funding opportunities
- Monitoring legislation
- Developing positions on public policy issues
- Writing & editing publications
- Evaluating proposals & program applications
- Conducting workshops
- Being a mentor and role model for students
- Serving on the Student Advisory Council
To volunteer your services contact:
The Ohio Academy of Science
1500 W. Third Ave. Ste. 228
Columbus OH 43212-2817
Phone: (614) 488-2228